Up Yours, Ron DeSantis

     When I heard 60 Minutes was under fire for making Ron DeSantis look bad, I was outraged, and I decided to do my part by subscribing to 60 Minutes on YouTube; it seems some people agree. Over 100,000 people have subscribed to 60 Minutes on YouTube since the Ron DeSantis controversy. 

     I decided that, while I was subscribed, I would watch a few videos that interested me. Why not learn about crumbling water infrastructure in Mississippi to bolster support for the American Jobs And Tax Plan? Why not watch President Obama's interview from Osama bin Laden's killing on the 10th anniversary of the event? Why not watch Antony Blinken's thoughts on China and Ukraine? How about Joe Biden's 2020 interview? I never did see it, nor did I see Trump's (but I don't think I'll watch that one). Barack Obama's 2020 interview is a go-ahead: I just like the sound of his voice. Government UFO report? I like space. 

     Somehow, I don't think Ron DeSantis would do the same, but anything I can do differently from him makes me a better person. He'll probably try to take a page from Trump's book, just like fellow Floridian Matt Gaetz, and whine about what a victim of "fake news" he is. That puts him in a pretty good position to be the Republican nominee in 2024. If that happens, we'll have a country like Florida where transgender people are criminalized, the First Amendment right to protest is under siege with the legalization of murder, voting is nearly impossible, and more.

     They could try the Tim Scott approach, but I think getting an actual platform is a better way forward for the Republican Party, and telling black voters racism doesn't exist isn't exactly a winning word of wisdom. Anyway, up yours, Ron DeSantis.

Comments